Wednesday, July 28, 2010

deer 2



What is it with me and deer? I wasn't a big fan of Bambi as a kid, I didn't go through the horse phase and in fact I am not much of an animal person in general due to allergies yet I have an ever growing collection of vintage plastic deer and feel compelled to draw them. Not to say I still don't get excited every time I see unexpected wildlife like deers, turkeys, and bald eagles. I especially like how excited my kids get, growing up in a more urban area a skunk was the wildest thing we'd see. Our summer vacation is coming up and we always hope to see some moose and a new kind of bird but my souvenir will more than likely be a plastic deer from the local church thrift store.

1 comment:

  1. I love deer! They are such beautiful, graceful animals. Enjoy your collections!!

    ReplyDelete