Sunday, September 30, 2012

Great Blue Heron

Over the summer I worked on this Great Blue Heron print while taking a class at the NH Institute of Art. It's a 5-layer reduction block print on Rives light paper using Akua inks. It ended up being a very textured piece as I tried to depict its feathers and environment.

Last night, my daughter and I attended the Artists' Reception at the Hopkinton Historical Society's "Tomorrow's Masterpieces" Annual Art Show and Sale. I had a couple of framed prints in the show as well as a rack of matted prints. It was fun to mingle with the other artists and guests, and look at all the other work, which was very high quality. I was also very excited to sell some of my work, and to be able to talk about my process. The show will be open through early December, and is a fundraiser for the Historical Society. They have a FB page displaying some of the work in the show, if anyone wants to check it out:
Tomorrow's Masterpieces

No comments:

Post a Comment