Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Day Late

Hi everyone! First, my apologies. I know I've been a deadbeat blogger. I forgot to post two weeks ago, and I'm a day late this week. (Better late than never, right?) My head is full to capacity just trying to deal with my Final Portfolio class. The workload is crazy (and just getting crazier) as we roll towards the end of the semester mid-May. In any case, that still means no illustrating for me for a while. I figure I'll keep posting what I am working on right now.
Right now, it's a "calls for entries" packet. The idea is for people to submit ideas about designing affordable housing for urban areas. We have to design a poster (front and back) that will fold into a self mailer, an invitation, and an awards certificate. I'm still plugging away here, but I figured I'd show you what the front of my poster looks like so far. (I was inspired by Edward Hopper-esque light). I'll have to post the final project once it's done. In the meantime, here's a little taste of what's been keeping me trapped in my studio slaving away over Adobe Creative Suite:
Wishing you all a creative week! -Nicole

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Hope you are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel--May is not too far away! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane. I'm trying to think about it that way, but it's hard when I have so much on my plate! Thank goodness for coffee! Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Edward Hopper inspiration is cool! Is that a detail of one of his paintings? The colors and composition are lovely as is the use of light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Marie - it's actually not from a Hopper. It's just a photograph that I found online and adjusted in Photoshop. I'm really trying to work with light in this project. It's just really hard to find the right photos for the rest of the pieces I have to do in this series. I think I've spent more time photo-searching than anything else. Soooo time-consuming!

    Michelle - thank you so much! BTW - I looove the real tea-party pics you took with your girls. I saw them on Facebook today. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete