Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sketchbook Project

I've made some progress on my "Uncharted Waters" this week. This is the first spread after my title page. I used a black Prismacolor pencil and watercolor. There will be a little bit of wrinkling with these materials, but I like the way it looks. It reminds me of a sketchbook that one would take out into nature to do field studies. It might be fun to press some leaves or other real objects and include them in the finished sketchbook. I guess I'll figure it out as I meander through the pages over the next few months. And since this is really for next year's tour, I should probably add 2012 to this page. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, it does have the feeling of a field study sketchbook. I also like your idea of pressing natural objects into the book. That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete