Wednesday, January 27, 2010

clumsy submission


Both of my children posed in my husbands clumsy boots and I went with my sons pose because he's smaller and there was more topply drama. In the photo he had a huge smile and Nutella on his face, here he has on the "my mom is drawing attention to me embarrassment face". I think that in addition to the boots being the Illustration Friday prompt, clumsy, I think the painting itself is a little clumsy with odd arm angles and floaty furniture placement but I do like the face and boots so here it is.

4 comments:

  1. It's also cool how he seems to be struggling to keep his balance. I like how his torso is leaning back. Great gesture! I like the painterly quality of this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this picture! It's my son at 18 months trying on my husband's combat boots. Thanks for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so much fun to capture what those kids get into! I think it's adorable watching them trudge around in their parents shoes! Thanks for making me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post for IF Jen! The gesture works for clumsy and those boots are awesome. Is this gouache? I feel like you're more confident with paint in this piece. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete