Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gina Perry



I was long overdue for a fresh self-portrait, and what better time to do so than kicking off a shiny-new blog! I thought it also fit really well with this week's IF theme, Renewal.
My name is Gina Perry and I work as an illustrator from my home in New Hampshire. I'm learning to balance work and life (on one hip, see above!) and hope to someday be a published author/illustrator of children's books. I've had a lot of interesting detours along the way to this career, but I finally feel like I'm on track. That doesn't make the journey any easier and the women in this group have been my beacons since 2002. Now that we're online as a group I hope we can, in our own unique voices, be a support to fellow illustrators. So hello 2010, and hello Smells Like Crayons!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the smell of crayons! I know exactly how you feel, life is full of little side tracks... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new self-portrait with your great inspiration in your arms!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice portrait! I remember those sweet, sweet days of painting while little ones slept! Enjoy-- and then take a break and go to the park!

    ReplyDelete