Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Michelle Henninger


I'm really excited that the "Smells Like Crayons" blog is up and running. Yahoooooo and Heeeee Hawwww!!! This is a wonderful group to be a part of, and I'm really glad that I can call these talented women my friends.

My name is Michelle Henninger. I live in Nashua, NH, and I love to draw. Ask my kids. Ask my husband. Ask my dog. I always have a pencil in my hand. I adore the work of R.W. Alley, and Marla Frazee. They have an amazing way of capturing gesture and expression in the simplest of lines. They are amazing! "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" I won the NESCBWI 2009 Ann Barrow Illustrator scholarship, I've been a regular contributor to Stories for Children Magazine, and my work has been seen in the SCBWI Bulletin from time to time.

What else can I tell you about myself, hmmmm.... I love SmartWool (I'm always cold), Oreo cookies are my guilty pleasure (I never dunk them in milk though.... bleuch), Stick It and Chocolat are tied for my favorite movie, I can't live without my cuppa(s) (PG Tips only, thank you very much!) and did I mention that I love to draw?


5 comments:

  1. Hooray for Michelle - adorable portrait! You have such an infectious enthusiasm for children's illustration. I look forward to more Smells Like Crayons posts! Oh, and I'm a PG Tips convert now thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle---we're glad to call you (also a talented woman) our friend, too!! Great post and portrait!!
    I've never tried PG Tips, but since it got thumbs up from you and Gina, it must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I'm so glad we've gotten started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post, inspires me to make a cup of tea right now and start sketching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad, to have created you, my talented daughter!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete