Monday, November 29, 2010

Froggie and Fishie




I was traveling last week and a baby sitting behind me started to get very fussy before take-off. It prompted me to whip up a couple of paper puppets. I had colored pencils in my backpack and tore a couple of sheets of paper from a notebook. The mouths open and close and I drew little surprises inside. (You can see a little fish in the fish's mouth. The frog has a heart inside.)

I have made these with kids before and they are very simple to make yet allow for endless possibilties. They can become people, animals, monsters, etc. Though I didn't do it here, you can complete the back side so they are fully 3D. You could opt to create them in collage.

I took some photos to illustrate the process in case you want to try making one. They are pretty self explanatory, but let me know if you have any questions:


Have fun!

P.S. I never got to see if baby would like them as she was passed around during flight to her dad and another woman helping her mom out.

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome Ann Marie! I'll be sure to try these out with Miles, I'm sure any little one would love them.

    ReplyDelete