Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkins!

Since it's the season for all things pumpkin, I thought I'd share a small drawing exploration I did a couple years ago. It was for a class I had at the start of my graphic design program. We had to draw one object several times. Each time we did, we had to draw a different angle with different media and different tools. I think one of these drawings was made in ink and drawn with a stick. (Pumpkin slime may have been involved too!) I chose a pumpkin to work with because I just happened to have one at my house, and I loved the twisted stem. Sometimes all you need to do is play/explore and not worry too much about the outcome:

3 comments:

  1. You just gave me an idea for a lesson plan!I like the layout of your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun assignment, Nicole. A very appropriate post for the season, too! I can see why you like the twisted stem. Makes for an interesting detail in your drawings. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete