Hello everyone, my name is Jenn Ski and I'm the newest member. I'm so happy to have found this group! I think being part of a group like this really encourages creativity.
1. What’s your illustration background?
I have a BFA in Graphic Design from UMass. In school I mainly worked with type and layouts. I hardly ever created any illustrations - I was even told by my internship sponsor that I didn't have what it takes to be an illustrator!
After I graduated I realized that GD wasn't really for me, so I began sketching abstract shapes, which later morphed into animals. The ABC image below was my first experiment.
2. Where do you live? I live in a fabulous 50's home in NH. I spent 2 years looking for it and I think it was well worth the wait. I live there with my husband, Al, and our cat, Floyd.
3. What are your sources of inspiration?
I love picking up vintage illustration books, wrapping paper, fabric... Also a lot of my work is inspired by cells, seeds, pods and whatnot.
4. What are your favorite techniques?
When I started my abstract paintings I worked with cut paper on harboard, but now I do almost everything digitally. I use scanned paper and fabric for texture.
5. Do you have a favorite food?
I love Vietnamese food! Pho Ga, mmm...
6. What’s your most productive time of the day?
I'm a night-owl.
7. Do you have a favorite place?
I love being outside gardening around my home. This past year I planted over 200 bulbs, I can't wait for spring!