Monday, March 22, 2010

Change is in the air...

...literally and figuratively! I'm only kind of sure it's my turn to post right now. I seem to have lost all sense of time...my weeks have been spinning by in a blur.

I just started a new job today--the first full-time position I've ever had in my field. I started working as a graphic illustrator at a company in MA. I'm absolutely thrilled. I feel as though I've reached of one of the many goals I set for myself when I returned to school nearly 3 years ago. There have been many trials and tribulations along the way but I've made it this far. Support from friends and family has been invaluable when things have been rough. After this semester, I'll only have two classes left before I'll reach another big goal - to have my certificate in hand. Woo-hoo!

I finished my previous job this past week...my last day of work being Saturday. This left me only Sunday and the remaining two evenings this week to scrape together Thursday's homework (Tuesday is a loss because I have another class that night). Unfortunately, my last job was part-time with weird hours. My current job is your regular 8-5 with a 45 minute commute tossed in for fun...and my schedule is all thrown off. Sleep-wise, I'm in trouble.

Still, I haven't forgotten you guys and just wanted to say I hope your creative juices are flowing... and that you're all much more well-rested than I am! In the meantime, I'm posting a little sketch I did a while ago. You probably have seen it already. In any case, here's Super Frog to remind you of something I've learned recently -- that you can do accomplish alot through hard work and a little belief in yourself:

6 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! Best wishes for success at your new position! Hopefully in the future you can catch up on your sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What great news! You definitely deserve a good night's sleep!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nicole! That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Still running on no sleep and I have a looooong night of homework ahead of me. (I'm so tired, I think I'm becoming delusional! Lol!) Hopefully I won't completely conk out at my new job tomorrow. Hopefully next week will be more settled and organized than this one was. I just have to get into the groove of my new schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job, Nicole!! You're doing great keeping up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ann Marie! I'm doing my best trying to keep up, but some things have to slide. For example - I think I could use really use a chef and a housekeeper. LOL.

    ReplyDelete