Friday, March 5, 2010

New Sketches

Since I blogged about keeping a sketch book in my last post, I figured I'd give you a quick peek of where I've been at with my own sketching. I'm taking two classes right now in pursuit of a second degree, this time in graphic design. One of my classes is Graphic Design 3. Our current assignment is to rebrand an existing company. I chose one of my most favorite little NH hideaway spots, Pickity Place in Mason. I was working with their Little Red Riding Hood theme...trying to make it more magical and fairy-talesque. (If that's a word?) Here's some of my brain storming for a new logo:


Getting a little more free, I think? I definitely had more fun with these pages than with some of the other ones. Hopefully it leads to some good ideas for this assignment. Happy sketching!

5 comments:

  1. I love Pickety Place! We've only been during the spring/summer when the gardens are in bloom and we do a little herb shopping. We've never actually eaten there though. One day, we'll have to do that too. It certainly is charming, and I think your sketches are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - oh, the lunch is so worth it! 5 course gourmet meal for under $20! They have adorable kids meals too. I really want to go do some sketching there soon. I love Pickity Place, which helps keep me interested in this branding assignment. I'll have to post my final project so you guys can see where I end up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickety Place is awesome! I have not eaten there yet either. Let's all go!

    Wonderful sketch pages, Nicole! There's something about the type (all lower case) in the upper left that captures my attention. Wish I could see it better. It has a nice energy. Definitely post your final.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely sketch of Red (and Wolf just around the corner!). I have never been to Pickety Place but you ladies all introduced it to me many years ago during a meeting. Someday I'll make the trip. What a smart way to blend your classwork with your interests. I hope you share the final design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been there, nor have I even heard of it... and I call myself a New-Hampshirite...for shame :) Great sketches Nicole. Ditto what Gina said, Red is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete