Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh Deer


When I ordered paper last time I ordered these little Bristol artist trading cards and my daughter and I both did one at breakfast. This was mine. My post this week lacks depth and inspiration because my head is swarmed with thoughts of the upcoming SCBWI New England conference. My poster is not 100% done and I have ordered postcards that list a website I have yet to build. In addition to my scheduled workshops I am volunteering at the conference. I can't even let myself think of all this until after the weekend because I have projects that I am making for my mother and mother-in-law. Why is it that we are able to accomplish so much in a small amount of time when other people are involved, why can't we get that same push when it involves something for ourselves?

2 comments:

  1. To attempt to answer your question, I think sometimes the parameters (e.g. what needs to be done, the deadline, etc.) are more clear when we are doing something for someone else.
    Good luck with all you need to get accomplished for the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life does overwhelm, but we just need to take a deep breath, and realize that we can only do what we can do. And not be too harsh on ourselves...

    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete