Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Poster revealed and revealing



Here is the poster I submitted to the SCBWINE poster contest. I was happy with my painting and idea but not happy with the final result of the poster. The print seemed flat and made it difficult to see the words hidden in the picture (theme of the conference, Moments of Change). The idea came from a quick drawing my daughter did of a person and developed from there.


I learned something about myself with the poster contest, I was using it as a distraction from what I really should be working on, I would go to my studio and work on it week after week on the poster when I should have been working on the three dummies and other manuscript that I sometimes shy away from. The conference energized me to work to the goal of becoming a published author illustrator and not put hurdles up for myself that don't help me finish the race.

1 comment:

  1. You did complete the poster so it wasn't totally a distraction. I would say you accomplished a goal. It's always good to learn about yourself, but don't overlook what you do accomplish.

    ReplyDelete